Monday, November 14, 2016

2 Cozy Cookie Recipes Options For My Cookie Exchange

"Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts that's the way the season starts!" Now that things are progressing in my current new adventure, I have turned my thoughts towards my up coming cookie exchange in two weeks. This is an annual event where we all bake several dozen of our chosen recipe and then package and swap with about 10 others. I have tried out two recipes and have one to go before I decide which I will do for my swap. Pictured above with Jean Flower's Death Takes Priority a great book I am currently reading is my sister Bre's recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. Light and crispy these are a favorite of mine and when she visits me at my new kitchen in a few weeks I may need her to make me more!

Karen's Sister Bre's Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup of Margarine
1 cup of Peanut butter
1 cup of White Sugar
1 cup of Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 Eggs
2 Cups of Flour
*Optional add 1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all by hand until all combined. Roll or scoop small balls of dough and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8 mins, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Karen's Dad's Favorite Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macrons

Cookie
1 14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 14 ounce bag of Unsweetened coconut Flakes
2 tsp Vanilla

Chocolate Drizzle
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tbsp margarine

Pre heat the oven to 350. In a large bowl place the coconut flakes and vanilla, open the can of condensed milk and pour over the flakes. Use a spatula to get all the milk out. Fold the milk into the flakes until combined. Drop spoonfuls batter equally onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
In the microwave place the chocolate chips and the margarine, melt on high at 25 second intervals, stirring the chocolate in between until it is melted to the consistency of liquid so you may drizzle it over the cookies, or you could dip them.
Allow to dry and serve and enjoy!

Still at least one more recipe I want to try before my party on the 26th. I hope you enjoy these to recipes today. Check back with me soon for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com.




1 comment:

  1. Good Cookie Recipes. Thank you very much. Please visit my website; http://www.keyifliyemektarifleri.com/kurabiye-tarifleri

    ReplyDelete