Friday, November 4, 2016

Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase

I finished a brilliant cozy last night! Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase which was such a great read I could not put it down, read the entire thing, laughing, crying and thoroughly enjoying this new cozy.  This book read so well, reminding me of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, I loved the relationship between the main character Lacy and detective Jack Oliver. I don't want to give too much of the story away however the writing reminds me of why I love cozies in the first place. The book reminded me of how I felt the first time I fell in love with The Book Town Mystery series by one of my most favorite authors Lorraine Bartlett, the way Julie Chase wrote Cat Got Your Diamonds has that same magical chemistry that made me want to read word after word and not wanting it to end. Julie Chase has a great first in series and this one is on track to become one of my most favorite series.
 I loved the idea of this series, great concept, fun characters, fantastic back story and did I mention how much I love the cover? The Kitty Couture Mystery Series is one you will need to put on your TBR pile for sure, make sure you move it close to the top, you wont be disappointed.
Grandeur and opulence are everything in the famed New Orleans Garden District where pets are family and no bling is too big. Opening Furry Godmother, pet boutique and organic treat bakery, is Lacy Marie Crocker's dream come true - until the glitter gun used to make her Shih Tzu tutus becomes a murder weapon. And Lacy becomes public enemy #1.Now Detective Jack Oliver is hounding Lacy, and her Furry Godmother investor wants out before his name is tarnished by association. To make matters worse, a string of jewel heists with suspicious ties to the murder case has New Orleans residents on edge. To save her dream, Lacy must take a stand, put her keen eyes to work, and unravel what really happened at her shop that night. But can Lacy sniff out the killer cat burglar in time to get her tail-raising designs on the catwalk?
I honestly thought that Julie Chase was one of my favorite authors in disguise, however turns out Julie Chase is a very talented author in her own right. Learn more about her and this November 15th release by clicking here. I can not wait for her next book out in Spring of 2017!
Order your copy of Cat Got Your Diamonds by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: