Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Cup of Cozy Sweaters, A Quick And Fun Holiday Craft


I should be reading, however the crafting bug bit me and together yet completely apart my dear friend Sheryl from Booth Talks Books and I set out for an impromptu craft evening, miles and miles apart!


Just after dinner time something caught my eye on Facebook and I knew it was right up our alley so I shared it with Sheryl and we both decided to drop everything and make these adorable little ornaments. My post today is inspired by craftsbyamanda.com who posted her tutorial of some adorable ugly sweaters! I however am an impatient crafter so I changed the sewing step to hot glue.....(Click here to see Crafts By Amanda's tutorial and for a pattern). I don't have a printer at home so I free hand drew a sweater shape, cut out my own pattern and set to work!

My cozy table quickly became a tiny elf sweater assembly shop!

I actually ran out of felt, pipe cleaners and trim before the night was out and contemplated taking a run to Michael's the craft store but I had already changed into my at home clothes and glasses, so later today I will pop out for some embellishment fun!


I will hope to finish these tiny sweater ornaments for my 7 nieces and nephew later today so I can get back to reading.
I hope you are inspired to use what you have to create something fun this holiday season!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy holiday craft! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments: