Friday, January 8, 2016

A Cup of Tea A Cozy Bowl of Tomato Lentil Vegetable Soup and Recipe...


I had the morning home with my Niece PB (Phoebe) whom I watch twice a week and thought I would make us a soup for lunch. I had made a lentil soup with another young lady I work with earlier this week but today I decided to put my own spin on it and change the recipe a bit. I am really happy with how it turned out so I am sharing that recipe with you today.

- 1 tablespoon of butter
-1 onion
-2 carrots
-2 stalks of celery
-1 lrg. tin of diced tomatoes (28 ounces)
-4 cups of low sodium chicken stock
-1 1/2 cups of dried red lentils
-2 tsp Italian seasoning
-1 tsp salt
-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Chop up your onions, carrots and celery and add them to the pot. Saute them in the butter for 2-3 minutes. Open can of tomatoes and pour the entire contents in the pot. Stir with a wooden spoon and then add your lentils and chicken stock. Add your Italian seasoning and salt. Bring up to a boil and stir every few minutes to keep the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 30 mins. Add your apple cider vinegar and stir. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you feel it is needed.  Ladle into your bowl and enjoy!

My friend Michelle gave me this very unique Kitchen Spoon/Wand she found and I have gone on line to see if they sell on line but looks like they only do wholesale. This spoon is a practical and magical instrument!
PB and I agree it made our soup even more yummy!
Thank you for joining us for a cup of tea, A bowl of yummy soup and a cozy mystery today! As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe. I love soups and needed one to try today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe! I can never get enough new soup recipes this time of year an I love soups with lentils as well. Your soup looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe! I can never get enough new soup recipes this time of year an I love soups with lentils as well. Your soup looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete