Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tea Mug Rug Tutorial From Wild Olive


I stayed up late reading last night so I did not sit and write anything to share today but I did find a fun tutorial for a Tea Mug Rug I wanted to share. I have to pull my sewing machine back out and get sewing again and this is a fun tutorial to inspire you to maybe do the same thing.
Mug rugs are fun little personal place-mats that run from the super cute to the sophisticated and elegant. This one is a great example of how to use up small pieces of fabric to create amazing little gifts or even one for yourself. The tutorial for this mug rug can be found by clicking here.
I ordered this book Love To Sew Mug Rugs,  from The Book Depository a few years ago and it had wonderful patterns, I lent it to a great aunt and hope that she finds some time to try it out! It even had mug rugs with pockets for the spoon and where to slip a tea bag. Click here to find out more about this book. 
I am on chapter 12 of Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz and can not wait to get back to it today. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day and happy sewing! If you do make Mug Rugs I would love to see them!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: