Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Soup Recipe and A Trip To The Medical Clinic, A Cautionary tale...Life Is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans

Well all do it, have an idea of what the day is going to look like and we get up and go about our day and then the unexpected happens as it did to me yesterday and you go, oh I should not have gotten up today......I started the day posting about Clarity, I got a trip to the Clinic instead...but I know it could have been worse.
Karen's Cream of Asparagus Soup
 I was making a lovely soup, but the blender I used malfunctioned and I am bi-sept to wrist mummy wrapped covering the burns currently due to burns I got while making the soup. I will eventually be okay thankfully but it was not how I thought I would spend my day.
The soup,, turned out wonderfully, I will from now on stick to the hand blender but it turned out so tasty I wanted to share the recipe ...

- 1 onion chopped
-1 stalk of celery chopped
-8-12 pieces of asparagus chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter
-4 cups of chicken stock
-1/2 cup of Greek style yogurt
-2 tsp lime juice

Chop the vegetables and over medium heat in a medium sauce pan saute for 5 mins. Add the stock and boil for 15 mins, until the vegetables are completely soft through. Turn off heat and use a HAND HELD BLENDER NOT A STAND BLENDER to carefully (here is where I went wrong) the soup. Add your yogurt and stir until combined, ladle in your bowls and enjoy (with out the trip to the emergency ward)

So it was not the day I had planned but it was not all bad (even though my check engine light has now come on) and my next few days have a few more errands attached to them I can honestly say I am happy with how the recipe turned out and thrilled and I am happy nothing more serious happened.


I am now going to await the mail man for something to read and to take my mind elsewhere for a while. Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy recipe today.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment