Saturday, January 30, 2016

On My Table And In My Cup January 23rd to 30th

Well another busy week in come and gone and some lovely things have been on my table.  My friend Daniela dropped off a hot chocolate complete with a chocolate marshmallow ball as I had to miss our tea date with two sick boys at home. The mail man kindly stopped by with some books I had ordered and I spent most of Friday night reading Fran Stewart's A Wee Dose of Death.
Along with books, my mail man brought me a surprise treat from my friend Karen in Toronto, I felt very blessed to have so many thoughtful friends.
I read a few stories this week and Geared for the Grave  by Duffy Brown was a delightful surprise, I have never wanted to "high-five" a main character as much as I did at the end of Geared for the Grave.
Gone by Midnight is an eclectic collection of Joyce and Jim Lavene's short stories.
Reading up a Storm by Eva Gates was a wonderful weekend escape, I do love books with lighthouses in one and in Eva Gates book the lighthouse really is a character all on its own.
Looks like I have another wonderful weekend of reading ahead of me. Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment