Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Break 2017, A look back...

Home. After 9 days and several 12 hour drives in the car, we are home. I spent the last nine days with my family driving all over the USA.

We went to see Nascar in Arizona and Universal Studios in L.A. It was a memorable trip for sure. We experienced every weather you could imagine. We had Snow through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Northern Nevada. Unbelievable heat last Sunday in Phoenix. More then 100+ degrees at the track. Hottest on record for any cup car race ever! I wish I could say I turned the boys in to Nascar fans but I think they will stick to hockey instead. The heat and noise did not move them as it does me!


 We had rain in LA and beautiful sun but wind in Palm Desert where we met up with our family. Coming home we had rain and wind and home now to light spring rain. I am amazed at how much we were able to do and how much driving my husband did in the last nine days. I am equally amazed at how much the boys grew since our last visit in 2014.

Palm Springs, and the surrounding desert cities are very special to my husband and I. We love it there. I would move there in a heartbeat if we could make it work. My youngest son was amazed and thrilled to pick his own fruit in his Great Uncle and Aunt's front yard on Thursday. Nothing like a warm and freshly picked pink grapefruit, lemons or oranges. You just can not find that magic where we live.
Our youngest is currently into the Harry Potter Series and was delighted to bring home a new friend from Universal. I took my tea cup, saucer and tea pot with me of course. Some comforts of home, I wont leave without.
Some people love the magic of Disney but it has nothing on the Hogsmead area of Universal. No mouse could have moved my son the way the Harry Potter experience did. Magic in every step. We were enchanted.
Universal has something for everyone and this Witch approves.

Sadly Madam Puddifoot was out of Scones so her tea room was "closed" amazing display, beauty and magic in this very inspiring tea room.
I also managed to read 4 cozies on the trip. I will bring you reviews starting tomorrow. For now I am unpacking, doing laundry and catching up on more then 700 email!
Thank you for stopping by while I was away and I hope you do not mind indulging me with this look back at my Spring Break Trip!
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment