Monday, August 22, 2016

Cozies For The Kitchen Shelf


The other day my friend Lisa and and I were talking about the wonderful recipes that cozy mystery authors come up with, that can be found in the back of so many of the cozies we read and enjoy.
She was telling me about her collection of cook books from cozy mystery authors and we got to talking about collecting and using these fun books. I will admit the only one I have is an E- Copy I bought of Tea Time With The Cozy Chicks. I was so excited when this downloaded on to my Kindle App the morning it was released I quickly devoured it! I am actually regretting not purchasing a paperback copy of this book!
Our conversation started over my love of the recipe I found and made in The Gray Whale Inn Kitchen by Karen MacInerney. I loved this book and the idea that these recipes and ideas offered to us by those who write in the cozy world, actually turn out!

So now I am on a quest to add these paper book kitchen cozies to my own kitchen self. The Cozy Chicks Kitchen is a collection of recipes from Ellery Adams, Lorraine/L.L. Bartlett, Kate Collins, Mary Kennedy, Mary Jane Maffini, Maggie Sefton, Deb Baker, and Leann Sweeney

One I am simply in love with the cover of is The Cozy Cookbook with recipes by Laura Childs, Cleo Coyle, B.B. Haywood, Julie Hyzh, Kenn McKinlay and more.  I don't think any cozy mystery book could have a cover I found more fitting.

So that brings me to the question of do you my dear readers have a favorite recipe or cozy recipe book that you have found in our wonderful genre? If so please leave me a comment below or email me and let me know what I need to add to my kitchen shelf!

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a kitchen cozy book wish list review! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment