Sunday, July 12, 2015

Officially Meet Squrriel Our Cat.

Have you ever felt so compelled by something you have read that you spring into action? Miranda James' Diesel was the inspiration for us adding a cat to our family.  Meet Squirrel, our Rescue Cat. She came to us from our local cat shelter at an estimated age of 2 years in January 2013. She is a long haired barn cat who is now a very important member of our family. She came named and the kids did not want to rename her.
Squirrel more adopted us then the other way around. After reading the first three books in Miranda James A Cat In The Stacks Mysteries I knew it was time to add a pet to our very busy lives. If you are unfamiliar with the series it centers around a man named Charlie and his Maine Coon named Diesel. After weeks of my husband and son Oli visiting local shelters Squirrel found Oli and would  not leave his side, I got the call from my husband and we all came down to bring Squirrel to her new forever home.
Squrriel our cat reminds me of Diesel, though she is not a Maine Coon she is a very intuitive cat.
She seems to know what we are saying and is a constant companion and famous in this area for her trapping and gifts of everything from birds, mice, rats and even skunks...we are truly lucky!
Oh she looks innocent enough but I promise she is a fierce protector and amazing cat!
She also likes to let it be known that she is the boss...cats are like that I am told but Squirrel is more then just a cat and a constant companion.
Even though she keeps me up at night I do love this cat so much and think my life would be so boring with out her.
I highly recommend The Cat In The Stacks Mystery series and you can find out more about it by clicking here. I am currently reading the hard cover Arsenic and Old Books and loving every minute of it.
Squirrel has gained lots of fans through my writing work and instagram so I hope you do not mind me sharing her story with you today. Thank you for joining me for A cup of tea and a cozy mystery and a visit with Squirrel the cat.
As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I do have the first book on my shelves. I do like books with cats, and I wish you many happy years with your lovely Squirrel.

    ReplyDelete