Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Release Party With Terrie and Susan and Mystery Playground today!

In just a few short hours there is going to be a fun release party for both Peaches and Scream and Caught Read Handed on Facebook. The event is hosted by Mystery Playground and to join in today click here.

Part of the festivities is the baking of The Miss Marple's Scone recipe that I developed which is printed in Caught Read- Handed. Here are the step by step photos of how to make your own.
Step 1 in shown above, Combine your flour, sugar, baking powder and butter. Mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
 Add your egg and milk and mix until it is just Incorporated.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop or spoon out your scones.
Place them in your preheated oven for baking.
While they bake prepare your icing.
The fresh juice and rind really make these scones special!
Mix in the juice and work with your spoon to get out the lumps.
This is the consistency you are looking for.
 Remove the scones from the oven ...
Spoon the icing glaze over them.
They are ready to enjoy! Make a pot of tea and sever to your guests or enjoy on your own!


Find the recipe to make my Miss Marple Scones inside each copy of  Caught Read Handed by Terrie Farley Moran 
You can also pick up this wonderful 1st in series from Susan Furlong Peaches and Scream by clicking here.

Thank you for joining me for this cup of tea (Fuzzy Peach black tea) and this cozy mystery recipe!
As with all my post I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. I love cozies and especially those that include recipes. I just must try your recipe. I always make scones for church coffee hour, and have to admit I've never used a cookie scoop -- but will now. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to hear that! Let me know how it goes Darlene!

      Delete
  2. Those are some incredible looking scones Karen. Made me instantly hungry for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, I wish you could join me for them!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read both books! I liked the step by step pics, the scones seem easier now!

    ReplyDelete