Saturday, July 11, 2015

On My Table And In My Cup July 4th-11th

On my table was Juliet Blackwell's fantastic Spellcasting in Silk. I reviewed this book yesterday and I really can not stress just how much I enjoy this series. I love a witchy mystery and this is one of my favorites. If you are looking for a series to read that will keep you engaged this summer this is a good one I highly recommend.
The highlight of my week was being able to donate a copy of Terrie Farley Moran's new book that came out this week called Caught Read Handed. My scone recipe is printed in the back of the book and Terrie kindly sent me a few copies to share. Be sure to enter our give away!
In my cup this week was Neverland Tea Salon's Heavenly Creme,  I did not venture to try anything new this week I am afraid, but when you have such an amazing tea it is best to enjoy it.

Where I live we have had a very ominous sky for the last several days due to the many forest fires burning fairly close to us. We are in drought conditions which is very serious when you consider we live in a rain forest. This last Tuesday my sisters, sister in law and our children met at Amblside Beach in West Vancouver for a photo of all the grandchildren on my parents side. My sister who lives in Montreal and her 4 kids are visiting us for three weeks, my sister in law came with her daughter from Vancouver Island and my sister who lives quite close to me brought her three girls. Yes this really was the color of the sky, I took this photo myself. I had the photo printed in Sepia for my wall as it more truly reflects the color of the actual sky that morning. I think this is a photo I will always treasure. I was asked on social media if these were all my own kids, which made me laugh! While there are 10 children from 7 months - 15 years, and I know there are families out there that size, if I had 10 of my own children my tag line name would not be Karen Mom of Three, now would it?

Thank you for joining me for this week in review and I hope that you will join me again tomorrow for another cup of tea and a cozy mystery. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment