Monday, November 9, 2015

Dishing The Dirt On M.C. Beaton's Latest Agatha Raisin Book!

 I can not begin to explain to you with just words how very excited I was to receive by courier on Thursday night M.C. Beaton's new book Dishing The Dirt. Let me paint you a photo and tell you I was so excited and so thankful to have had this book delivered to my door, I nearly hugged the delivery man and danced a jig! I had just finished Death By Coffee and had not even looked for my next book to read. It felt like this book came from the universe at the perfect time.
I had just finished dinner and 2 hours of homework with the boys when I got the knock at the door.  I made myself a cup of tea and settled into the corner of the couch with my fuzziest blanket, my cat and then treated myself to the first few chapters. I have not ever read an Agatha Raisin Mystery and having finished this one I do believe I have been missing out! At the end of Chapter two I had run out of day and reluctantly headed to bed. So excited to continue the adventure and mystery the next day.
This book was extremely fun, very well written and not at all what I had expected. It is a fun English cozy with deep plots, twists and adventures. I usually do not enjoy profanity in books, but somehow the little bits here and there really helped me understand Agatha and perhaps appreciate her even more. I loved how the characters developed the relationships, conflict and for me lack of predictability.

 I could not put the book down after the first three chapters and binge read this book. I spent the wettest part of the rainy weekend turning page after page and my heart racing in parts. It was such a fun read.
I truly enjoyed the wit and wisdom of Agatha Raisin and Dishing the Dirt. This was a wonderful book and I am so thankful to have been chosen to read this book.
To find out more about Dishing The Dirt or more of M.C. Beaton's work please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery today. I look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow. I would love to hear from you and your thoughts on Agatha Raisin and I invite you to share with me those thoughts below.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear she has another one out. I've loved both the Agatha Raisin series and Hamish Macbeth. I remember seeing some of the Hamish Macbeth ones as a television series some time ago.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently finished listening to my first Agatha Raisin mystery and really enjoyed it myself. Thanks for telling us about this one.

    ReplyDelete