Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Letting Go Of All The Things That No Longer Serve You

I saw this quote this weekend, "Let go of all the things that no longer serve you" and a light bulb went off in my head. I have been feeling overwhelmed of late with an over abundance of mess and clutter of not only my things but my families.  I spent most of yesterday re organizing my two youngest boys rooms, removing items such as clothing they have outgrown and old. crusty and used muffin wrappers my youngest one seems to have either been storing for a science project or simply to make me crazy. I also began to tackle my craft area (also known as a hoarders dumping ground) I have amassed so much stuff that I can not even begin to tell you how "not creative" it made me feel.


The thought of decorating for the holidays, which I usually do around the middle of November was not something I have been looking forward to and yet it is usually my favorite part of Christmas, well the lead up and not the actual day is my favorite. I am actually one who starts taking down my tree and decorations on Christmas Day evening after returning home from my in laws for dinner. Usually by "boxing day" I have everything boxed up and on it's way back to the garage.


I made some serious headway on my crafter's pile and manage 1 1/2 garbage bags of items to donate. Now if I could find a second wind to finish the job that would be great!  I know that I will have to make time later this week to continue what I have started. I am anxious to share my newest Snow Babies, which my husband has been buying me since we were dating and still gives me one every year. Sunday I came home to find he had taken our three boys to purchase this years and it is so cute I am going to share it later this week once I find the surface of the table that is.


One of my favorite teas year round, not only do I hoard craft supplies, I also hoard tea and I love Stash Tea's Christmas Eve Tea, it is herbal and very calming.  I may just go make myself a cup and will go back to stalking the mail man whom I hope will have a new book for me to read very soon! So I shall leave you here, lighter then I was yesterday and hopeful that tomorrows mail holds a very special book I ordered. Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and A Cozy Mystery. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have too much stuff and it's difficult to let go although I'm trying not to have collections of things now and just try to keep what's important or what I can use again.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete