Friday, November 13, 2015

Snowbabies, A New Cozy and Tea

I started taking out my Snowbabies a few days ago. I love them. When I was 16 and not yet dating my husband he bought me one of these Snowbabies Figures one Christmas. I love them. I now have several of them that he has purchased for me over the years. Every time I find them in the store or unwrap them I feel that same magical feeling I did when I saw the first one. The one in the photo with my newest cozy to arrive is the one he gave me last year. I would like to also say a huge thank you to Vicki Vass for sending me this cozy to read. I got it, made tea took the photo and sat down to read the first 10 chapters before I realized the time! This is a Neighborhood Watch Mystery and it is fantastic so far! But back to the Snowbabies...
This is the Snowbabie I got last year I love it, the cat snowman and the baby that looks like my niece Phoebe, who is almost a year and looks just like this little figurine.


 My collection has grown considerably in the last 24 years and all but one of these figures in my collection came from my husband, one from a dear friend who is like a sister. The one she gave me is shown in my photo above. I love this as it reminds me of her and I, I am pretty short and when I got this it reminded me of how she and I hugged when we finally met. Becky is one of my dearest friends in the world, one I don't see or talk to often enough but feel like we are sisters. So much so she hosted my 2 sisters and I and a few of our children at her home in Pennsylvania in 2009 for one of the best weeks of my life!

Some of these are quite large and this photo is from a few years ago before we had the large tv that now sits on my mantle. My problem this year is where to display all these lovely little ones. My bookshelves are full of teacups and saucers not to mention a few treasured cozies.....I think the TV needs to go....I guess I will spend the next few days trying to figure it out and I will be using more of my Snowbabies in my tea photos. I have two that my husband bought me last January on clearance I can not wait to share. But for now I will leave you with the one he just gave me the other night...
This one lights up and is so lovely. I treasure these little figures and wish I could have them out year round. I hope you will enjoy seeing them in my photos over the next several days. 
I hope to have a review of Vicki Vass' The Postman is Late for you soon! 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery, I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment