Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Cup of Tea, A Cozy Mystery and A 1 Minute Muffin In a Mug Recipe!

Yesterday morning I had to be up and out of the house with my oldest son before 7 am so he could go to school for his choir practice. This happens twice a week and cuts in to my tea and reading time but he loves it and I love that he does so I drive him and then come home for tea.
I was craving muffins that particular morning but with the driving time and the need to get the other two boys moving for school I did not have time to bake an entire pan of muffins and really I am the only one in the house who likes blueberries, so I remembered the muffin in a mug recipe I had and thought what the heck if it is awful I will just stop and pick an over priced muffin up from the coffee shop on my way to work this morning.  I was pleasantly surprised that my 1 minute muffin in a mug was better then okay it was fantastic. So I thought many of you are busy too, perhaps baking an entire pan of muffins is not the best use of your time or they might go to waste if you are on your own, so I thought I would share my recipe. for my 1 Minute Muffin In A Mug.
4 tbsp of flour
2 tbsp of white granulated sugar
1/8 of a tsp of backing powder
1/16 of a tsp of baking soda
2 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
15 frozen or fresh blueberries
* 1 tsp of brown sugar

Place all the ingredients in your mug as they are listed above except for the brown sugar. Use a fork to mix them all together. Place the mug in your microwave on high for 1 minute. If your center of the mug is too soft give it another 20 seconds in the microwave on high. *It is important to note that this muffin will not be golden brown on the edges like a regular muffin but trust me it is cooked!  Remove it from the microwave and sprinkle it with the tsp of brown sugar, then enjoy with a fork, your favorite cup of tea and of course a cozy mystery!
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and A Cozy Mystery. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment