Sunday, November 22, 2015

Memories, A Cup of Tea A New Cozy Mystery And A Few Wreaths I Made

Last night my friend Jen invited me to her mom's place to make wreaths for the holidays. I brought my own branches from my yard which I make into stars for my wreath base and then decorated it with a combination of fresh greens and herbs from the garden. I brought the branches that recently fell from my maple tree and some holly my son and I trimmed from the tree in the yard. My friends provided the bay and the sage and Jen's aunt pulled the most amazing purple poinsettia from her stash. I saw it and though of Joyce Lavene and my young friend Ahmie. 
Joyce had become a friend of mine through Facebook over the last few years. She was so  kind to me. Very encouraging and she was someone I very much looked up too. I am amazed at how this woman and her family were able to write so much, so often and so well. Through social media and Facebook I am thrilled to still be apart of this community that Joyce helped build, her presence is greatly missed. I miss her comments and likes on my morning tea photos and her presence in my daily news feeds. I am however blessed through her passing to have been able to connect with her family and stay in contact with our community. Knowing how much she is loved and remembered and still inspiring so many of us daily is remarkable. When I see purple I think of two people who have passed from this world this year and two remarkable people who still inspire others.
http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2015/11/19/girl-honors-beloved-sister-toy-drive-sick-kids/76078290/
Ahime is the other person I am remembering, Ahmie passed away this summer from Cancer she was 14, she loved purple and she inspired so many and changed so many peoples lives. She leaves behind an amazing family as well. Her mother, father and her little sister (shown above)  carry on  in her memory by helping other children and their families living with and fighting Cancer. Aishah just had her birthday and her wish is for 500 toys, not for herself but for the sick kids at Seattle's Children's Hospital. If you can help her out please watch the video link above and check out her you caring page by clicking here.
I had a rare night out last night an I made a few other wreaths. This one hangs on my front door.
This one now hangs at my mother in laws on her door. I really enjoyed myself and had not done anything like this before,  have done my own door wreaths in the past but making in the presence of friends was a real joy. I am so very thankful to have been invited.

When I got home tonight I was very excited to see an email from Joyce's husband Jim and their cozy Murder Fir Christmas which comes out December 1st. I can not wait to read this one and share my reviews with all of you. You can order your own copy from Amazon by clicking here.
I shall leave you now with yesterday's tea photo, my new lighthouse and  my 2010 Snowbabies figurine. In my cup (from my friend Karolina's mother who lives in Poland and brought me this cup and saucer last summer) I pulled out an old favorite from Davids tea called Coffee Cake. I wish they never retired that flavor and I savor it while I still have some of the loose leaves left.  I am off to read more of Vicki Delany's Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen and hope to have the review for you soon. Thank you for joining me for A Cup of tea and a long story today. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment