Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Cup of Tea And Some Genealogy Themed Cozy Series To Mention....

Yesterday was my birthday and thought the photo of my tea from yesterday morning is not a Geneology Themed Cozy I wanted to talk about a few I had found and was interested in. This time last year I had requested a DNA test from 23&Me that opened my world in so many ways. Not only did I learn about where my ancestors came from I learned also that even though I may never find my mothers birth family, I did find some very distantly related cousins.
Learning that I had cousins even distantly related was truly delightful. Some of them I have had the pleasure of being in contact with and one of them I was able to find out on my fathers side, (Thank you cousin Erin) and another cousin in Ireland, who is from my moms side for sure. Best part is that my cousin in Ireland after knowing me a very short while, sent me a photo of a tea cup in an Irish pub and said that the teacup reminded him of me. It was that very simple and heartfelt gesture that made the entire process of discovery not only feel more personal but just so much more special. I did not grow up with cousins, I do not have close biological cousins that I am aware of and from my DNA the closest I have are 4th cousins and beyond. That connection though, knowing can't be beat!
So today the day after my birthday I wanted to share some series you may like to look into if DNA/Ancestry or family trees are an interest to you.

I do love an established series and there are 11 in this series, book one Family Skeletons by Rett Macpherson looks to be right up my alley!
As resident genealogist, historian, tour guide, and occasional amateur snoop, Victory "Torie" O'Shea can be found anywhere in the historic German town of New Kassel, Missouri-mixing fudge, giving tours, tracing family trees, and even investigating murder...When shopowner Norah Zumwalt asks Torie for help in piecing together her family lineage to find her missing father, Torie cheerfully agrees. But before Torie delivers her results, Norah is brutally murdered. Now Torie must use her formidable skills at prying into the past-and the human heart-to solve a case of passionate secrets and betrayal. But as the Mississippi floods, she may be in deep trouble when evidence of another killing surfaces-and Torie comes face to face with a family skeleton that will chill her to the bone.

Click here for the Amazon listing for book one and to learn more.

Patricia Sprinkle has a three book series that also caught my eye Death on the Family Tree is a great title don't you think?

I really enjoyed learning about my own family background and I really hope that someone else comes out a with a great DNA based Cozy, for now I am thrilled I found out about these on www.cozy-mystery.com

Thank you for joining me for this mid week cup of tea and a cozy mystery. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment