Friday, April 1, 2016

Food Swap A New Book Out This May To Inspire Us All!

I have been a "swapper" for years now, everything from stickers, to letter, to crafts, to doll clothing, tea and my very popular cookie swap exchange. So when the chance to review this new book came up I was thrilled to be selected. I know that is 2016 and that many people don't know or are afraid of their neighbors. The world news would have us believe everyone is out to get us but I myself brought up on Sesame Street and with the help of Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, still believe in and strongly support community and that neighborly spirit.

 I love, love, love swapping items I have made with others. This book Food Swap by Emily Paster and published by Storey Publishing is such an inspiration. More then just a cook book, more then just a guide this is an incredible resource for setting up, participating in and enjoying the art of swapping. There are so many valuable tips, recipes and suggestions that I personally can not wait to set up a summer swap between friends. I have longed to know just how to bring people together to share our time and talents with each other in a fair and brilliant way. I received a PDF copy of this book to review but I ordered it from The Book Depository as well so that I can not only enjoy each photo and recipe but I can use this a brilliant resource tool. I have only ever swapped with people I know and friends of friends in person, so the idea of expanding this to my community as a whole is very inviting.  We all have a "super power"/thing we do better then most, maybe it is sewing, maybe it is making Jam, Candles, Spices, Baking or Blending Tea, would it not be great to use your powers to not only make others happy but perhaps to make new friends and fill your pantry while you are at it?
You can pre order a copy of Food Swap like I did from The Book Depository currently at 10% off for $20.64 US (at time of this review publishing) and FREE SHIPPING
I am really excited to not only do my own Food Swap but to share the outcome with you all later this summer!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy idea! I look forward to sharing more with you soon! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment