Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Crime and Poetry, A Cup Of Tea and A Chat With Author Amanda Flower

Yesterday was the release day of Amanda Flower's New Series and book called Crime and Poetry. I was lucky enough to read and review this book early and I actually pre ordered it so I have one coming from The Book Depository Too! I asked Author Amanda Flower to share a bit about herself and her newest book.

What inspired you to write Crime and Poetry? 

My editor at Penguin wanted me to start a new series and wanted it to have a magical theme. I knew if I was going to write a cozy like this, it would be set in a bookshop or a library, my two favorite places. My editor and I agreed that the bookshop was the better fit and would give my sleuth more flexibility to investigate the crimes plaguing the village of Cascade Springs.

Are you a coffee or tea person or other?
I love both coffee and tea, but I do drink coffee more often because I need that jolt in the morning to get my going.

How long did it take you to pen Crime an Poetry?
Last year when I wrote Crime and Poetry, I was on a very tight deadline schedule because I had to write five books in twelve months. Because that, I only had two and half months to write the novel. I didn't sleep much in 2015.

Do you have a favorite spot to read or write and if so where?
My favorite place to read and write is outside on my patio. I love to be outdoors as much as possible. However, I live in northeast Ohio where the weather is very unpredictable, so I do most of my writing on my living room couch with my two feline editors, Tummy and Cheeps. You can learn more about Tummy and Cheeps editorial adventures on their Instagram page.

Do you have anything you would like my readers to know about your work?
I love to write humorous cozies that brighten a reader's day. My goal as a writer is just to make people happy, and I love interacting with my amazing readers! I am easily reached through my Facebook Page


If you have not yet ordered this book, may I entice you with a bit about this book?
"Rushing home to sit by her ailing grandmother’s bedside, Violet Waverly is shocked to find Grandma Daisy the picture of perfect health. Violet doesn’t need to read between the lines: her grandma wants Violet back home and working in her magical store, Charming Books. It’s where the perfect book tends to fly off the shelf and pick you...Violet has every intention to hightail it back to Chicago, but then a dead man is discovered clutching a volume of Emily Dickinson’s poems from Grandma Daisy’s shop. The victim is Benedict Raisin, who recently put Grandma Daisy in his will, making her a prime suspect. Now, with the help of a tuxedo cat named Emerson, Violet will have to find a killer to keep Grandma from getting booked for good..."
So who is Amanda Flower you may wonder? I know I did, when Heather Blake shared the cover art for Crime and Poetry, I clicked on The Book Depository right away and ordered, I did not need to read the synopsis, I knew that if Heather Blake was recommending it, I would love it.
At the time I had no idea that Amanda Flower is USA Today best selling Author and Agatha Award Nominated Mystery writer. She also writes under the name Isabella Alan.

In addition to being an author Amanda also works as a librarian in Ohio. To learn more about Amanda Flower and her work for Adults and children too, please visit her website by clicking here. 
Find her on Facebook by clicking here. 
To order a copy of Crime and Poetry from The Book Depository please click here.
Amazon please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Like this interview. It's not the time it takes. But the quality, inspiration and effort put into it. Know of two song writers who wrote #1 hits in just a couple of hours. While traveling from one gig to another. I look forward to reading Crime and Poetry. Della at deepotter@peoplepc.com

    ReplyDelete