Thursday, April 28, 2016

An Update On My Tea Tent ...

I have not been reading in the last 24 hours as much as I would have liked. I have however been gardening, getting my back yard tea tent in shape.
Today I planted the succulent garden in a beautiful chandelier that was not working, I am only sad that I broke one of the glass containers so I had to remove another one, but I will put two solar lights in them and hope that they look okay.
 I filled the glass with dirt and a succulent plant I love how it looks I think the little lights will be a welcome addition.
I recovered my hand-sewn pillows with some dollar store pillow covers, I was going to buy new pillows but for the price of two pillows I got 8 pillow cases that zip over the old ones! $24 is a great investment and now I just need to purchase a few more square pillows which will still be a fraction of the cost of 2 new ones. The dollar store ones are in a steel blue and steel grey, I can add embellishments easily if I wanted too at $3 each they are a steal! You can see them in the first tea tent photo above, they are the solid blue ones, I was loosing the light as I put this post together but will have more photos soon of the updated look.
My best find though thus far is the tent chandelier, this candle holder I added solar lights too and it is such a beautiful piece!
I hot glued in some solar lights and it is really pretty a night, not super bright but very pretty!
With candles going and the glow from the house lights this will be a lovely space to sit and read as the nights turn warmer.

If you want to see my previous posts on how the tea tent has been coming together and my insperations over the last year please click these links below:
http://acupofteaandacozymystery.blogspot.ca/2015/07/she-shed-101-building-of-my-tea-tent.html
http://acupofteaandacozymystery.blogspot.ca/2015/07/tea-party-fun-in-my-tea-tent-i-wish-you.html
http://acupofteaandacozymystery.blogspot.ca/2015/07/turning-cracked-tea-cup-into-bird.html

While I love my front yard tea spots in the late spring and summer mornings, evenings in the back yard are much more comfortable. This photo is taken in my front yard under the maple tree, the one below is the tea table for two I have just outside the front door. Each space is unique and provides the most wonderful of respite.
I love having these 3 spaces to call my own, finding the right items to put in these special spots is a passion of mine, next up, book the tea tent for some afternoon tea with friends.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery today! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: