Monday, April 11, 2016

The Calamity Cafe by Gayle Leeson, Left Me Smiling and My Mouth Watering!

I just finished The Calamity Cafe by Gayle Leesson. This is a new first in series that will be out this July.  I love a southern mystery and one with food. This cozy doesn't disappoint. Like all great first cozy mysteries the main character Amy is one you can really get behind, her family and friends make the story so much more real and the mystery in this story I really enjoyed. It took no time for me to become invested in the story and it was with in the first paragraph I knew I would not be able to put this book down. This is going to be a great summer release and you are going to want to be first in line for it!


First in a new cozy mystery series featuring Southern cooking that is to die for.Aspiring chef and small-town Virginia native Amy Flowers is ready to open her own café offering old-fashioned Southern food. But her dream may go up in smoke when someone kills the competition...Tired of waiting tables at Lou’s Joint, Amy Flowers doesn’t just quit—she offers to buy the place from her bully of a boss, so she can finally open the café of her dreams. Amy can't wait to serve the kind of Southern, down-home treats and dishes that her grandmother always loved to the kooky cast of regulars at the restaurant. She knows her comfort food will be the talk of the sweet, small town of Winter Garden, Virginia.At first Lou Lou refuses to sell, but when she seems ready to make a deal, she tells Amy to come see her.  Showing up at the eatery ready to negotiate, Amy is shocked to find her former employer murdered. As the prime suspect, Amy will have to clear her name by serving up the real killer—and with Lou Lou’s stack of enemies, that’s a tall order.



Click here to pre order your own copy of Gayle Leeson's Calamity Cafe! Then we can dish on the recipes and the story!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Calamity Cafe is one of my resources on learning more about teas. I will surely get a copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward for another review about Calamity cafe. I would love to know more about Calamity cafe and teas.

    ReplyDelete