Friday, April 15, 2016

Nightmares Can Be Murder, by Mary Kennedy




I finished Nightmares can be Murder by Mary Kennedy, This book was one I had wanted to read for a while now and my secret elf partner sent it to me.  I loved the cover and the idea of the dream club is what drew me to this book.

Business consultant Taylor Blake has returned to Savannah, Georgia, to help her sister Allison turn her dream of running an old-fashioned candy store into a reality. Allison is also interested in dream interpretation and invites Taylor to her Friday night Dream Club, where members meet once a week to share and analyze their dreams.When a local dance instructor, Chico Hernandez, is found dead in his studio, and the murder scene has an eerie resemblance to one of the dreams shared at their meeting, Taylor can't help but be intrigued. And when her sister, who was briefly involved with the dance teacher, becomes the prime suspect, Taylor and their fellow club members can't be caught napping. It's up to them to dream up a solution to the murder before Allison faces a real-life nightmare.

This book was not quite what I thought it was going to be about, I enjoyed the book, but honestly I felt like it was almost told from the wrong perspective.  The mystery was good, the characters were interesting and I was truly surprised in the end. I would like to read more from this series and hope that perhaps the sisters work more together in the future books, I almost felt like they should have been a team from the beginning. I really like the idea of the series and hope that in the future books the club builds on what they have learned in the first book.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment