Saturday, April 9, 2016

On My Table And In My Cup April 2-9th

Another week has come and gone and it is time for another week in review. I had productive and busy week. I had the pleasure of reading my fair share of books this week and truly enjoyed sharing them with you.
This week I read and reviewed one wonderful children's book, 6th in the series of Jasper John Dooley, Public Library Enemy #1. My son Alex has read each book so far and we read this one together. If you have ever dropped a book in a tub of water you will understand and love this book, you don't have to be 8 to appreciate the horror of dropping the book in the bath, have your dad accidentally set it on fire, then witness as your dad shoots the book with a fire extinguisher! The book has such a wonderful message of responsibility and team work, I think every young boy should read the series and every library should stock this beginning chapter book series.
 One Last Good-Bye was also a delight to have on my table. A very good mystery with in a mystery and a tear or two at the end.
Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction, only my second favorite title of the week, sorry trumped only by Jasper John Dooley's Public Library Enemy #1, great titles and this was a very well written book, with Mysteries in the present and the past Amy Metz does a great job of bringing them both to life.
All things Murder was a very entertaining drama filled cozy. I enjoyed this first in series and look forward to reading the next book shortly!
Friday night I finished Tea Cups and Carnage and will share the review with you tomorrow.
Thank you so much for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment