Sunday, August 20, 2017

Cat Got Your Secrets by Julia Chase

I loved Cat Got Your Secrets. This series by Julie Chase quickly found a place in my heart with the first book in series  Cat Got Your Diamonds late last year. I was even more enchanted with Cat Got Your Cash when I got to read it in February and was anxiously awaiting Cat Got Your Secrets! I was so delighted when I was approved to read and review it on Netgalley.  This one is out September 12th and I am so excited for you to read it. Like all great trilogies the third book is even better than the first two!
Main character, Lacy is a costume designer for animals, baker and shop owner in New Orleans, from a fell known and wealthy family and yet so down to earth. She has a wonderful employee who happens to have been her Nanny, a devoted best friend who would do anything for her and a love sick younger man who is at her service, if only in the friend zone. Lacy has a great head on her shoulders, naturally curious, smart and connected to the local police detective who she can match with her wit and charm and devotion.  On top of all of this Lacy has a quirky family, community obligations and expectations,  a mild coffee addiction and the most wonderful costume wearing cat who rides the self powered vacuum cleaner  as if it was a parade float at Mardi Gras!  There is so much to love about this series and I am delighted I got to read and review it! Now that all three books are going to be out, I think it would make a great holiday gift for the cozy mystery lover in your life and for yourself. Perhaps picking them up for Buy A Friend A Book Day on August 31st! For you friend or yourself! I won't tell! Crooked Lane Books has a winner in this  Kitty Couture Mystery series and Julie Chase has everything you need in Lacy's store, even a tiara for your turtle...

Lacy Marie Crocker has settled into a comfortable groove back home in New Orleans, and with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, she’s busier than ever running a thriving pet boutique, helping her mother organize the upcoming National Pet Pageant, and untangling her complicated love life. But when delivering a king-sized order of dreidel-shaped doggy biscuits for a Saint Berdoodle’s bark-mitzvah, Lacy stumbles into yet another murder scene―and the last person to see the victim alive was her own father.It’s up to Lacy to clear her dad’s name from the suspect list before Detective Jack Oliver has to cage him for good. But just when she starts pawing at the truth, she receives a threatening letter from a mysterious blackmailer bent on silencing her with her own secrets. And Lacy’s not the only one with bones in her closet.

You can pre order Cat Got Your Secrets on Amazon by clicking here

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment