Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Witchy Wednesday Spotlight On The Magickal Family by Monica Crosson


One of the best parts of being a blogger and reader is the ability to find and read books that call to me. I am very pleased to be involved with Netgalley as a professional reader. One of the perks of being a member of Netgalley is that I can chose the books that call to me in hopes that I will be approved to read them. The Magickal Family by Monica Crosson, was a book that called to me. I loved the cover but I also love the family approach to learning and living a Pagan life. I did a happy dance when I got the email that I was approved to read it and on Sunday I sat down "familiar" Squirrel the cat and settled in for a wonderful afternoon read.
The Magickal Family had me hooked from page one. I laughed, almost cried and tried to soak in every detail and practical suggestion in this book that really is a guide to incorporating simple things into your family's daily life to enhance it. There were special recommendations as and advice on everything from walking in nature, to setting up a fairy garden, recipes and the who, how and why of Pagan living. I was about three pages in when I knew this was a book I was going to have to own and hold in my hands. A book I could count on as a reference, and a guide that would remind of the simple things in life and the important things too. Not to mention some great tea recipes and gardening ideas! This was most definitely a Magickal book!  This one is out October 8th and I can not wait to have it in my hands and on my shelf.





Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a Witchy Wednesday Spotlight. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment