Monday, August 28, 2017

Three Amigos Summer Reading Club Week 11- Final Week

I can not believe we are on our final Monday of our 11 week long Three Amigos Summer Reading Club. I sure hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have. The summer goes way too fast for me and it doesn't often slow down, sometimes I wish we could adopt that Island feeling and keep summer with us all year long.  This week our theme is Cozy Mystery Books about Islands and my pick was so hard to do I have had to PICK TWO to share. Hopefully the girls won't get too upset with me. Both these books are books I purchased for myself and bought the entire series as a result!
First my pick is Duffy Brown's Braking for Bodies.
I loved this series and this is book two.  Book one is an excellent read as well but I absolutely loved book two and that cover is one of my favorites.  I understand that we may yet get a book three from Duffy and I can not wait!


I would be totally remiss if I did not also recommend Skinny Dipping with Murder by Auralee Wallace, I mean laugh out loud funny, completely and utterly one of the funniest cozy mysteries I have ever read. I think this series is a must read for those who want a light and funny cozy, with outlandish characters and adventures.

These books are about finding the joy in the journey, something I think we all forget about sometimes and these books bring a smile to my face at the remembrance of both these very different but very enjoyable Island reads....
Now let's see what my Amigos have picked for you today....



Thank you so much for joining us this summer. I hope you have enjoyed our Three Amigos Summer Reading Club. I know I am going to miss it! We would all love to hear from you so please leave us a comment on our blogs letting us know what you thought, how you are and what you are reading! 
I love having you here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery and I look forward to sharing more with you daily tomorrow. 
I love hearing from you so please consider leaving me a comment below or emailing me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

8 comments:

  1. I feel just like you do, I am sad to see summer leave us. I love the summer weather when everything is green and alive. But you guys having your fun fall-oween will make fall a little less painful and less of something for me to dread. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not wait for it Tari! I am so happy to have you join us for the fun!

      Delete
  2. I have to read this series, sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, we both ended up on Mackinac! Love it! But why are you waving goodbye amigo, you know it's not goodbye for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was waving goodbye to summer! Great series right!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, Karen, Tari, MJB and Lisa for chatting about Braking for Bodies! I truly appreciate it. Mackinac Island is amazing, I need to get back for some fried green beans, the Grand Hotel and a ride out to Mission Point. If you’d like a Lethal in Old Lace tote just email DuffyBrown@DuffyBrown.com. Hugs, Duffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thrilled to hear this Duffy and so honored you stopped by for a cup of tea in celebration of your series!

      Delete