Monday, August 21, 2017

Three Amigos Summer Reading Club Week 10 Books about Bookstores and Cafes

If I had the means I would be opening my own book and tea shop, so todays theme is one I really like. I do dream of moving somewhere, opening my own place and have it be wildly successful even in the day of e-readers and unattainable real estate a girl can dream right?

 My pick for this weeks theme is a first in series by a Canadian Author I enjoy Vicki Delany. She has a new series to love and get excited about with Elementary She Read.  A fantastic first in series, with a brilliant book shop owner named Gemma, a best friend (Jayne) we all wish we had and a mysterious character who I hope will be recurring. This cozy lays the groundwork for what I hope will be a multi book series. 
  
Gemma Doyle, a transplanted English woman, has returned to the quaint town of West London on Cape Cod to manage her Great Uncle Arthur's Sherlock Holmes Bookshop and Emporium. The shop--located at 222 Baker Street--specializes in the Holmes canon and pastiche, and is also the home of Moriarty the cat. When Gemma finds a rare and potentially valuable magazine containing the first Sherlock Homes story hidden in the bookshop, she and her friend Jayne (who runs the adjoining Mrs. Hudson's Tea Room) set off to find the owner, only to stumble upon a dead body. The highly perceptive Gemma is the police’s first suspect, so she puts her consummate powers of deduction to work to clear her name, investigating a handsome rare books expert, the dead woman's suspiciously unmoved son, and a whole family of greedy characters desperate to cash in on their inheritance. But when Gemma and Jayne accidentally place themselves at a second murder scene, it's a race to uncover the truth before the detectives lock them up for good.

Now let's see what my Amigos have selected for their choices this week...


View Mary's pick by clicking here

See Lisa's selection by clicking here. 

We would all love to hear from you, your thoughts on the book club and on our selections. We invite you to leave us comments below our posts and look forward to them!
Thank you for joining me today for a cup of tea and my Three Amigos Summer Reading Club selection. I love to hear from you so please consider commenting below or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. I have to check this book out, it sounds great. Thanks for sharing, Karen.

    ReplyDelete