Monday, February 5, 2018

New Teacup Rescue and A Great Book I am reading...

I am 18 chapters into Claws for Concern a Miranda James mystery that is coming out February 20th and while I work on finishing it, today I am sharing a new teacup and saucer rescue.
I found this one at the local Sally Anne Thrift Store earlier this week, what drew me to the cup was the soft pansy design in muted blues and light purples. I love the shape of the cup, the handle and really decided before I even saw the price that I was going to bring the cup home with me.

As someone who collects tea cups and saucers to actually use, I pick the ones I like to rescue because of what draws me to them, not always because of who makes them. I was very surprised to learn from the stamp that this was actually a cup and saucer made in India.
I don't know much at all about this stamp or company but I do know that I am enjoying sipping my tea out of this beautiful cup.
Rescuing teacups and saucers to actually use especially when they are priced less than a fancy coffee or tea from a coffee house makes me feel happy. I love wondering about how they came to rest on the shelves of the thrift stores, what things they may have seen, who's history they were apart of and if they were loved.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy tea rescue. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment