Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tea Craft Idea- DIY Tea Journal

I have not always been a tea drinker, actually I only started drinking tea in 2009. I had a passion for teacups long before I ever even tried tea.  When I first found the courage to try teas and joined a tea bag swap with in a tea group on Swap-Bot I began saving the little tea tags so that I could make note of what I tried and then when I went to buy my own teas to enjoy I had an idea of what I liked and who made them.  Today I wanted to share this fun journal idea with you, it is inexpensive, not time consuming and a of a fun way to keep track of the teas you have enjoyed and the ones you did not.

To make your own you will need:
-A notebook
-A glue stick
-A stamp pad
-A tea themed rubber stamp (you could free hand draw or use stickers too)
-A pen
-Tea Tags

First step of course is to make yourself a cup or pot of tea. Save the tea tag by giving it a tiny tug it should come off in your hands.

Second take your rubber stamp and pad and make sure the stamp is covered with ink. Place it on your journal page and apply pressure to make sure the image transfers. You can do each page ahead of time or each time you journal up to you.

Third, Draw a line as if it was the tag hanging out of the pot or your tea mug, add some glue to the back of the tea tag and press it into place.

Fourth make some notes about the tea, who made it, what was in it, how long you steeped it, how it made you feel and what it tasted like.



I hope you have fun making your own tea journal and taking your own imaginary voyages with each cup of tea.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy tea craft. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I make "junk journals" so I will have to make myself a "tea journal". Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I'm glad you told me to save my tea tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. I haven't been a tea drinker for very long either, maybe 10 years or so off and on but have been almost daily the last year or two.

    ReplyDelete