Saturday, February 24, 2018

On my table, in my cup and all over my yard February 17th-24th

Good morning. My post is very late today, we have had epic amounts of snowfall where I live which started more than 24 hours ago and fell until the middle of the night. This may be nothing for many of you but here on the west coast our cities are not equipped for, nor our drivers experienced enough to make this type of snow storm passabel. Round trip to my sons schools is 11 minutes, it took us close to three hours yesterday. The roads almost impassable by busses and cars which could not handle the volume in which the white stuff fell.
 I look after my niece on Fridays and well this Friday became a sleepover as the roads were not worth risking and we had a very lovely time, though I forgot how much work snow shoveling is and how much a three year old needs attention LOL. Thankfully my husband and boys and I took turns with the shovels and my niece PB.
We have hours of snow shoveling ahead of us so I will enjoy the last of the tea pot here before donning my snow pants and taking up the shovel.  I was thrilled that through the snow a book I have wanted for so long finally made it to my table. I have always been fascinated by Lighthouses and those who have kept the light, this book is one I had seen and wished I had bought while I was at teh Cape Meares Lighthouse a few years ago. It is a delight to know that a book that celebrates the lives of amazing women who were tasked with keeping the light exists. I am so excited to have this to read and refer too, with a lotto win I could myself buy a lighthouse and comfortably keep the lights for years to come.'
I am halfway through Southern Discomfort and hope to get it read to review for tomorrow.
I read and enjoyed Playing with Bonbon Fire by Dorothy St. James this week.
I was so excited to get Who Moved My Goat Cheese to read and review this week, love a good farm and food themed mystery! 
I very much enjoyed I know what you bid last summer by Sherry Harris!
I am a large Nascar fan and I am so excited that the season has just begun. This was my tea last Sunday for the 60th running of the Daytona 500, 
These are my three boys for the 50th, 55th and 60th running of the Daytona 500, I think seeing how much they have changed over the years is fun in this way.

Earlier in this week my sister (PB's Mom) and her Husband and three girls welcomed this little girl into their family Miss Callie is quite something!
PB and I last Sunday as we played in the fresh fallen snow, there is now far more than last Sunday and well I guess I best get the snow pants on and start finding the walkway! Thank you for joining us here today. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: