Saturday, February 17, 2018

On My Table and In My Cup February 10th-17th

Saturday morning greetings from my table to yours. What a week this has been. I have had quite a few interesting things happening and many great reads to share. Yesterday was Lunar New Year and while our family is not one to celebrate this particular holiday it is truly fun to participate in some of the activities in our community.
Currently I am reading I know what you Bid Last Summer and very much enjoying this book by Sherry Harris, this is a great series.
In additions to great reads this week I had the good fortune to stumble upon a lovely teacup at a charity shop and bring it hope to enjoy. The black cup with the stunning and bright color flowers really spoke to me. This one is a tresure for sure and a joy to drink out of!
Monday morning a long awaited teapot joined my cabinet family and took a place of pride on my table. A friend tracked down this Royal Albert Teapot in my Petit Point Pattern and I got a great deal after years of searching and being out bid. I am so excited to have this here and to use it with one of my favorite patterns.
This week I read Bound by Kirsten Weiss, a great paranormal fantasy cozy that took my mind off of a few things.

Amanda Flower's Lethal Licorice was another great read and a joy to have an ARC of.
A new first in series Hummus and Homicide also on my table earlier this week.
And the deeply moving and wonderful The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen still stays with me more than a week later.
So much sadness and grief, struggles and pain in the world highlighted by the entirely preventable tragic mass school shooting in Florida. Thoughts and Prayers are not enough and have not been for a long while now.   Time is precious but truth is more precious than time. It matters very little to me where people stand on gun control, politics and freedom. It does matter to me that children are dying at an alarming rate at the hands of others. Changes are needed in the way we all look at privilege, entitlement and community. As well as at how we look at mental health, at well being, at punishment and support.Thank you for allowing me to share.
I appreciate you taking time out of your life to spend some of it with me. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments: